Yes, that is right, Chili and Cornbread Waffles! I LOVE chili in the winter, unlike soup, you aren’t hungry an hour later. Since the Chili is Vegan, it is low-fat and low calories… The Waffles, however, are more of a treat 🙂 I make a Big Ol’ Pot (that’s an official measurement term) of this each time and feast on it for days. It also freezes perfectly. I also like that when I want to indulge with Chili Cheese Fries, I don’t feel as bad when using this… Plus, it’s WAY tastier than anything you’ll ever buy in a jar. Make this easy and filling meal for the family during the week, or to fill the guys during Super Bowl. Everyone will love it!
- 3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 4 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Diced Zucchini
- 1 Cup of Diced Roma Tomatoes
- 32 Oz of Vegetable Broth
- 15 Oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 7 Oz of Fire Roasted Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 Cups of Corn Kernels (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 15 Oz Can Black Beans Rinsed
- 15 Oz Can Red Kidney Beans Rinsed
- 15 Oz Can White Beans Rinsed
- 1 1/2 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
In a Large Pot, over Medium heat add Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add Onions, Red & Green Bell Peppers, Garlic stir for 5 Minutes or until Onion becomes transparent.
Stir in Zucchini and cook for another 5 Minutes. Add Tomatoes, Vegetable Broth, Tomato Sauce, Green Chilies and Corn stirring for another 5 Minutes.
Add Black Beans, Kidney Beans, White Bean, Chili Powder, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, Cumin and Garlic. Bring to a light boil, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 35 Minutes.
Cornbread Waffles (Not Vegan)
- 2 – 15 Oz Boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 7 Oz Fire Roasted Green Chilies
- 1 Cup of Corn Kernels
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Cheddar
- 2 TBSP Finely Chopped Jalapeño (You can leave out for the kiddos)
In a Medium bowl mix the Cornbread Mixes, Eggs and Milk. Then, add Green Chilies, Corn, Cheese and Jalapeño. Mix thoroughly.
Drop onto your Pre-Heated Waffle Iron and cook until browned.
Serve under or next to your Chili or other favorite soup. You can also cook these for 12 Minutes at 400 Degrees in a muffin pan if you don’t have a Waffle Iron.
Add your favorite toppings, such as Avocado, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Chopped White & Green Onions
And the Grand Finale…